Zero to One, Peter Thiel (Click here to buy)
- Easy read, with great advice to understand. However, I believe most people can’t build Zero To One business and there’s nothing wrong with building any business.
- If you want to capture lasting value, don’t build an “undifferentiated commodity business.”
- Build or invest in businesses that are a monopoly. Don’t disrupt, avoid competition.
- One of my favorite books to understand how to invest, but don’t apply to my personal business ventures.
- Contrary to this book, I believe commodity-type businesses are great if run well (i.e. accounting, real estate, lawn care, pool service, etc.)
The Bitcoin Standard, Saifedean Ammous (Click here to buy)
- What is money?
- History and future of money.
- Why we have government money and why fiat currencies always fail.
- True Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
- What is hard money?
- Digital money (Bitcoin vs Digital Cash)
- Technical and Economic details about Bitcoin
- What problems Bitcoin solves.